The Hillston Racecourse is located approximately 300 kilometres West of Sydney in the state of New South Wales. Racing at the Hillston Racecourse dates back to 1854 at a time when its current location was known as Red Bank. The early race meetings at the track took place courtesy of William Hill, in whose honour the location was renamed Hillston.
The Hillston Jockey Club manages racing affairs at the Hillston Racecourse, although in the early racing days at the track the Lachlan Picnic Club held meetings there too. Both the first and second world wars ended racing at the Hillston Racecourse although it resumed shortly after each of the wars ended.