Thanks for deleting my facts on the Melbourne Cup

Thanks for deleting my facts on the Melbourne Cup...What a waste of time and effort that was.

I won't bother contributing to other peoples threads in future.

Who deleted it? Did you ask admin to find out why?

I don't know Chameleon, but it was one of Adam's threads about the Melbourne Cup, so I thought I might contribute something to help promote discussion.

It was only trivial facts/stats which I pieced together using the data from this website. Nothing special, but it disappeared not long after I posted it... Oh well, I'll start my own thread when I get around to it.

If you read any of Adams threads and comments you would understand why the thread was deleted.

Hi Boagesmalone,

The deletion of that the thread you mentioned was not as a result of you posting facts about the Melbourne Cup. Your contribution just happened to get caught up in some 'hasty' housekeeping of the forum which was done this morning.

As Punting Form has developed over the last 8 or so years, we have gradually realised that being a site for 'social' interaction is not the direction we wish to head. There are other websites which cater for social interaction and 'community' much better than we ever could.

Our goal is simply to provide valuable content and to support our clients with a level of support which provides for a good, 'no regrets' user experience.

To this end, we will review the Punting Form Forum operation and advise of the outcome over the next couple of days.

Boags, I didn’t want to mention but Punters.com.au is the most used forum for horse racing. There are a few trolls on there but if you ignore them you can get a stimutlating conversation going. The other one is ozmium.com.au which has less contributors, but a higher class of users without the trolls (Admin quick to ban them) and more intelligent threads than Punters. There is a good thread on the Melbourne cup you would be interested in.

Puntingform is unique in what it offers and I agree with them, the forum has never been one of their strengths but the quality of what they offer you wont find anywhere else.

I think you probably need to provide a few warnings to users like Adam Alexander and if they continue to post garbage on the forum then ban them from entering in the forums. They can still use the site but can’t contribute to the forums. That may be the way to go. That way the forum will maintain its quality.

Elf said:

Boags, I didn’t want to mention but Punters.com.au is the most used forum for horse racing. There are a few trolls on there but if you ignore them you can get a stimutlating conversation going. The other one is ozmium.com.au which has less contributors, but a higher class of users without the trolls (Admin quick to ban them) and more intelligent threads than Punters. There is a good thread on the Melbourne cup you would be interested in.

Puntingform is unique in what it offers and I agree with them, the forum has never been one of their strengths but the quality of what they offer you wont find anywhere else.

Hi Elf,

Yes I'm a subscriber to Punters.com.au and visit its forums frequently... It's a great website with plenty of resources and social interaction.

Although, I wished there was more discussion on here focused only at betting systems.

I really couldn't give a toss about other peoples tips, especially when there are so many other websites out there that cater for that type of thing.

The whole point of this website I think, is to develop your own system and give tipsters the flick. After all, what good is a system if you're still heavily influenced by tips? You can't be half–pregnant as the saying goes.

As for social interaction and sense of community, surely there has to be one or two subscribers on here that are retired and know a thing or two about building systems and would have the time to moderate a half decent forum within this space if there was some form of incentive for them to do so.

Having said that, this is still my most favorite website and well done again to the team at Puntingform.

To Puntingforum.

I am not sure of the exact steps you have taken in your housekeeping but it seems the atmosphere has improved a lot over the past few days.

Keep it up, I enjoy the informative posts without the harsh infiltration of a select few.

[Top]

This reply will be quoting another reply! [UnQuote]

Forum Activity

With regards Singapore dividends and system results.

pie2251 1/10/2019 1:16:51 PM

Forum will be 'locked' for public (or registered user) comment

pie2251 1/10/2019 1:16:34 PM

pie2251 1/8/2019 2:55:42 PM

pie2251 1/8/2019 2:15:41 AM

pie2251 1/8/2019 2:14:03 AM
Create New Topic

Latest Forum Posts

????
Written by: pie2251
1/10/2019 1:16:51 PM 0 Reply

????
Written by: pie2251
1/10/2019 1:16:34 PM 0 Reply

Systems Singapore SP Update

Hi guys,

There was obviously an issue with our system rebuild process. We are looking to rectify this ASAP....
Written by: Punting Form
12/11/2018 10:32:50 AM 7 Replies

Singapore Sling Results a data error?

Hi Drako,

I only created Singapore Sling and made it public to draw attention to everyone that there were still problems with the Singapore prices. My way of thinking was the more ridiculous the profit the more obvious it would be to potential subscribers of other systems that were less affected by the inflated prices and could easily make the mistake of subscribing to a system that includes Singapore races purely on the profit without looking deeper into the results. It was never my intention to fool anyone into subscribing to Singapore Sling.

Anyway I'm thrilled that everything seems to be normal again, or at least it appears that way to me.

Congratulations to the team at Punting Form on this new development... An early Christmas present.

Cheers,
James
Written by: boagesmalone
12/7/2018 12:25:07 PM 1 Reply

Systems Not Updating

I get that a bit, just click on the system, and the Updated numbers should be there anyway...
Written by: adamalexander
12/5/2018 1:57:26 PM 1 Reply

Today's Racing