Thanks for deleting my facts on the Melbourne Cup

Thanks for deleting my facts on the Melbourne Cup...What a waste of time and effort that was.

I won't bother contributing to other peoples threads in future.

Who deleted it? Did you ask admin to find out why?

I don't know Chameleon, but it was one of Adam's threads about the Melbourne Cup, so I thought I might contribute something to help promote discussion.

It was only trivial facts/stats which I pieced together using the data from this website. Nothing special, but it disappeared not long after I posted it... Oh well, I'll start my own thread when I get around to it.

If you read any of Adams threads and comments you would understand why the thread was deleted.

Hi Boagesmalone,

The deletion of that the thread you mentioned was not as a result of you posting facts about the Melbourne Cup. Your contribution just happened to get caught up in some 'hasty' housekeeping of the forum which was done this morning.

As Punting Form has developed over the last 8 or so years, we have gradually realised that being a site for 'social' interaction is not the direction we wish to head. There are other websites which cater for social interaction and 'community' much better than we ever could.

Our goal is simply to provide valuable content and to support our clients with a level of support which provides for a good, 'no regrets' user experience.

To this end, we will review the Punting Form Forum operation and advise of the outcome over the next couple of days.

Boags, I didn’t want to mention but Punters.com.au is the most used forum for horse racing. There are a few trolls on there but if you ignore them you can get a stimutlating conversation going. The other one is ozmium.com.au which has less contributors, but a higher class of users without the trolls (Admin quick to ban them) and more intelligent threads than Punters. There is a good thread on the Melbourne cup you would be interested in.

Puntingform is unique in what it offers and I agree with them, the forum has never been one of their strengths but the quality of what they offer you wont find anywhere else.

I think you probably need to provide a few warnings to users like Adam Alexander and if they continue to post garbage on the forum then ban them from entering in the forums. They can still use the site but can’t contribute to the forums. That may be the way to go. That way the forum will maintain its quality.

Elf said:

Boags, I didn’t want to mention but Punters.com.au is the most used forum for horse racing. There are a few trolls on there but if you ignore them you can get a stimutlating conversation going. The other one is ozmium.com.au which has less contributors, but a higher class of users without the trolls (Admin quick to ban them) and more intelligent threads than Punters. There is a good thread on the Melbourne cup you would be interested in.

Puntingform is unique in what it offers and I agree with them, the forum has never been one of their strengths but the quality of what they offer you wont find anywhere else.

Hi Elf,

Yes I'm a subscriber to Punters.com.au and visit its forums frequently... It's a great website with plenty of resources and social interaction.

Although, I wished there was more discussion on here focused only at betting systems.

I really couldn't give a toss about other peoples tips, especially when there are so many other websites out there that cater for that type of thing.

The whole point of this website I think, is to develop your own system and give tipsters the flick. After all, what good is a system if you're still heavily influenced by tips? You can't be half–pregnant as the saying goes.

As for social interaction and sense of community, surely there has to be one or two subscribers on here that are retired and know a thing or two about building systems and would have the time to moderate a half decent forum within this space if there was some form of incentive for them to do so.

Having said that, this is still my most favorite website and well done again to the team at Puntingform.

To Puntingforum.

I am not sure of the exact steps you have taken in your housekeeping but it seems the atmosphere has improved a lot over the past few days.

Keep it up, I enjoy the informative posts without the harsh infiltration of a select few.

[Top]

This reply will be quoting another reply! [UnQuote]

Forum Activity

HKP $1.30/ Pays $2.75!!

adamalexander 11/18/2018 9:24:49 PM

SLOW Arcadia LAY in W.A

adamalexander 11/18/2018 11:01:27 AM

WET Seasons

adamalexander 11/18/2018 10:59:01 AM

WET Seasons

I Am Invincible 11/18/2018 9:41:51 AM

WET Seasons

adamalexander 11/17/2018 7:27:54 PM
Create New Topic

Latest Forum Posts

HKP $1.30/ Pays $2.75!!

Hot King Prawn, a $1.30 chance, WINS, Pays $2.75!!!

Oops, but silly me, I forgot to tip him here before the race to my 'loyal, loving' followers.

Curiously I have this rather annoying and Startlingly accurate, but unfortunate habit of tipping Losers beforehand. If only they could be calculated in some way...Oh well...

$$$$$
Written by: adamalexander
11/18/2018 9:24:49 PM 0 Reply

SLOW Arcadia LAY in W.A

What next Effer V?

'Clever' comments about Makybe Diva record in Oakleigh Plates?
About as RELEVANT as your idiotic comments here.
You have 'topped' yourself for idiocy, if that was even possible...

Hahaha...keep them coming Chumpy...my stomach hurts...hahaha
11/18/2018 11:01:27 AM 6 Replies

WET Seasons

Non–Winners of Barrier Trials do $ Poorly 1st Up! Fact.

U can use THIS site to verify that.

Loser Imbecile.

You LOST. Again.

I Won $$$. Again

Hahahahaha
11/18/2018 10:59:01 AM 8 Replies

1st UP

Good 4 U James

I busted my butt on 1st Up for ages...until (insert Victorious music) I saw the power of Barrier Trials with predictability.

No absolute of course, but a big kicker to finding $ profits
11/16/2018 3:51:51 PM 2 Replies

Singapore Hits

$281k Profit!

Almost enough for One week of fun.
Not a bad effort there.

I backed a $240–1 shot (Ew) ran 2nd once...nice $ collect at $40+ place, but $240 Winners helps pay for...a lot.

My average Win div now is $2.80, with @ 53% Win S/R
11/14/2018 2:59:15 PM 5 Replies

Today's Racing