"Bets Sheets" and "Today's Bet Sheet" missing qualifiers?

Hi Punting Form,

I noticed yesterday for the first time that the qualifiers on my "Bets Sheets" and "Today's Bet Sheet" which I export (download) from the Punting Form website as a csv file differ from those which I receive from your earlier morning email service which notifies me of my System Hits.

For example; the email I received from PF in the morning for system named "Familiar Territory" told me that Harlem was a qualifier.

However, there was no mention of Harlem as a qualifier on either my “Bets Sheets” or "Today's Bet Sheet" for system "Familiar Territory".

When I place my bets, I work off my exported "Bets Sheets" and "Today's Bet Sheet"… Not the email service.

As a consequence, I missed out on backing Harlem twice, as my "Bets Sheets" and "Today's Bet Sheet" did not have Harlem as a qualifier for system "Familiar Territory", although luckly one of my other systems did so I did have a single bet on Harlem.

Interestingly, when I checked the system stats for "Familiar Territory" this morning there was Harlem listed as a winner paying $31.

NSW TAB Website
FLEMINGTON/M/R/8
6. HARLEM PAID $34.00 (Fixed odds) and $36.50 (Tote).

Where's the consistentency?

I would be interested to know whether any of my subscribers missed out yesterday because they didn't select their bets from the early morning email service.

I think from now on before I place my bets I will be checking my email and my bet sheets for qualifiers. I guess I won’t know which method is correct, so I’ll just have bet using both methods.

Cheers,
James

Hello james I subscribe to familiar territory I got email with harlem and ace high with your system I get runners from up coming runners on the site there have been 2 runners I can remember I didn't get email for as for consistentency Turtles run my system has blinkers I get selections for horses with no blinkers and have missed runners all the time lucky for me its very simple I get my selections from form guide then compare them with punting form

Hi Vinny,

Thank you for your tip about getting your selections from form guide then comparing them with punting form… Good idea!!

When building systems, I try to avoid using criteria that are affected by scratchings or price fluctuations, etc so that my notifications don’t change throughout the day, and if my systems perform as history suggests they will then I shouldn’t need to study the form guide to confirm my bets.

As I mentioned, I get my selections by clicking on the "Upcoming Runners" link on the PF website. I then click on the "+ Add to Betsheet" link. I then move across to the "Today's Bet Sheet" and export the list to Excel. I then place my bets using the Excel document as my betting guide as it combines all my betting systems into one betting sheet. I never use my email notifications as the basis for placing my bets, which I guess is foolish of me when it’s there to be used as an additional notification source. I just rely on "Today's Bet Sheet" as my betting guide and if the same horse is selected by multiple systems then I simply multiply my bet accordingly.

Luckily I didn’t miss out on backing Harlem altogether, as it was a qualifier in one of my other systems called “Enigma” which I subscribe to as well. However, it would have been nice to have doubled up on Harlem seeing that it qualified twice but only appeared once on my "Today's Bet Sheet". The situation was made worse as I backed Harlem early yesterday morning at $41 (fixed odds) and the NSW TAB SP ended up paying $34.00 (Fixed odds) and $36.50 (Tote).

All said and done, the Punting Form website has improved my punting dramatically as I would never have backed Harlem for $41 and many others winners without using my own systems. So whatever minor faults there are with the system builder or notifications, I would be a broke punter if it wasn’t for Punting Form which is by far the best website for punting I’ve ever experienced.

Cheers,
James

From another thread:
Harlem paid $31 SP (see Racing Australia website for official SP).
Looking at the System results on the day after the race (Sunday) would have been too early for Tote prices to have been available in our results database; that is why the Best of SP, NSW and Vic would have been shown as $31.00. System results update for any new data (new to our database) for a period up to 2 days later. If you check that system for that runner, you will find it now accounts for the Tote Prices as well.

As for any other issues mentioned, there is a high probability that similar explanations apply. A lot of information comes into our database at different times, which must then be transferred to other areas, cached etc etc.

[Top]

This reply will be quoting another reply! [UnQuote]

Forum Activity

LAY SYSTEMS

Wellbrock13 3/16/2019 3:48:29 PM

Bragging Your Systems

ST.JAYDEE 3/16/2019 11:05:33 AM

LAY SYSTEMS

Wellbrock13 3/16/2019 7:18:41 AM

LAY SYSTEMS

Effer V 3/14/2019 5:39:10 PM

LAY SYSTEMS

Effer V 3/14/2019 5:37:42 PM
Create New Topic

Latest Forum Posts

LAY SYSTEMS

Correction – can't get matched.
Written by: Wellbrock13
3/16/2019 3:48:29 PM 27 Replies

Bragging Your Systems

Thought I'd drop a line or 3 to add to the hype around the LAY systems being created.

RE: "SIMON MILLER" system.

On face value, when I check out the system's last 100 hits, it appears the system is a BACK system. Surely, it should be a LAY system?
Maybe the owner is just laying all their hits?

My question to PF...……. Is there a chance you would consider separating the 2 types? For example, with one click of the mouse, we would be directed to all the LAY systems, instead of spending time, sifting through all systems to find one we like.

Up until recently, I had nothing to do with LAY systems, but I decided to have a crack at one. I ended up with:
"LAY LADY LAY"
It's early days, so I'll keep my eyes on it and see how it goes.

Any comments/thoughts (good or bad) are welcome.

Cheers to all,
JD
Written by: ST.JAYDEE
3/16/2019 11:05:33 AM 14 Replies

Apprentice filter broken

Last time I posted my opinion on the problems errors incorrect results system hit's that didn't qualify here it was deleted i've had my own builder for over a year anddon't come here much these days I told punting form
Written by: vinny
3/13/2019 7:24:17 PM 5 Replies

"Bets Sheets" and "Today's Bet Sheet" missing qualifiers?

From another thread:
Looking at the System results on the day after the race (Sunday) would have been too early for Tote prices to have been available in our results database; that is why the Best of SP, NSW and Vic would have been shown as $31.00. System results update for any new data (new to our database) for a period up to 2 days later. If you check that system for that runner, you will find it now accounts for the Tote Prices as well.

As for any other issues mentioned, there is a high probability that similar explanations apply. A lot of information comes into our database at different times, which must then be transferred to other areas, cached etc etc.
Written by: puntingform
3/13/2019 2:32:30 PM 3 Replies

Odds errors on favourites

Hi James,
Written by: puntingform
3/13/2019 2:25:04 PM 14 Replies

Today's Racing